Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas to ward off demons


Singing Christmas songs
And paying compliments to ghosts
My grandmother still says they're Holy
I guess she should know
Soon she may be one.
My Bible never mentioned Nephylim
But I always hear she's an angel
And it would explain why my mother
My aunts
My uncles
All balance their halos on Devil horns.

I guess everybody's got their wings
Not everybody flies in the same direction.
Just like everybody else
I got my own Heaven and my own Hell
We might just have a couple Pergurtories in common
But don't ask me which way I'm going
Because mostly I don't know until after I've gone.
******************************************
Friends,
It's been a long journey home (i.e. this website). Life got darker and more hectic, and so I took some time to live and be human. By "live" I mean cry, and by "be human" I mean bury myself in sweet denial and push onward with my fragile dreams and ego.

I am attempting teaching and coffee-making starting in January. If nothing else, it will fill time and pay money. That's all I'm expecting at this point.

I've also applied to grad school, watched someone give birth (yes, in person), and gotten published.

I will most likely include a video of me reading at the release party next post.

How has your year been rounding out?


No comments:

Post a Comment